Mules Chaps...Waterproof or No-liner, what do you prefer?

remy3424

Need to get new "warmer weather" chaps ordered, I think I am going to try Mules. I can 't decide do go with the waterproof liners or not. I am leaning to waterproof, w/liners. Hoping they won't be too warm. Maybe a set of each?? What are you Mule chap wearing hunters using?

In a thread about chaps here, "Mule" brand seemed to be the most popular...maybe I should have paid more attension, it might have been the same guy posting several times, but now no one seems to have an opinion or maybe no one knows if they have the water-proof ones or the regular ones. I have Filson double tins for when it is cooler (below 20*), I will hope the waterproof aren't too warm, but if they aren't waterproof, I don't think I want the limitation.

Reactions: Jet
In a thread about chaps here, "Mule" brand seemed to be the most popular...maybe I should have paid more attension, it might have been the same guy posting several times, but now no one seems to have an opinion or maybe no one knows if they have the water-proof ones or the regular ones. I have Filson double tins for when it is cooler (below 20*), I will hope the waterproof aren't too warm, but if they aren't waterproof, I don't think I want the limitation.
You are correct in that I have no idea which one mine are. They are warmer than I like at times but I have stayed dry and free of thorns etc. I picked mine up at a show in a clearance bin so they weren’t marked but they have been well worth the $30 I spent on them

I just got the mule comfort tuff chaps, they are the ones on sale right now. They seem pretty light weight, but I've still only worn very light pants under them and my legs never get cold, and are usually a little warm. When I fell through the ice with my left leg, the chap was submerged, and it shed water almost instantly. I'm not sure how they'll do in the snow, but I'll know after the weekend.

I have used Dan's hunting gear , Sugar creek Ohio since they were first made by an amish man at his home. They have since been sold to current owner. Many new choices of chaps. Google Dan's Hunting gear. Mule chaps etc. originated also here in Ohio by Emmet Brohard a local coon hunter in Dayton area and were purchased and moved to I believe Louisiana. Mule I thought were never as plyable as the Dan's. I do not believe any are ever fully waterproof.

Back