Moving

sepointer

I will be moving back to Iowa in the near future close to Des Moines. I will be looking for some areas to do some training. Any assistance on possible areas would be appreciated.

Thanks

What type of training and dogs? We have been doing training with quail on a friends land. Have a shorthair I've been working with and a buddy has a rockstar of a lab that we are keeping on birds. I also have a new pup comming in a month that I will be running NAVHDA stuff with so I'll be training all year.

As for dogs, I have a pointer, setter, and a wirehaired pointing griffon. As far as training i am looking at finish work with the pointer and some steady work with setter. Both got a litle sloppy and just need to work on a couple of things for fall trial season.
thanks

Our bigest problem is cover right now, the main place we go to train was mowed last fall, then trees cut, and some parts are getting disked and replanted. We have a few areas that work but it's not perfect. The land is about an hour south of Ankeny where we live. Not sure when we are going next or when you'll be in town. Just shoot me a PM and we can figure something out. It would be nice to have someone that has done some testing along as well.

As for dogs, I have a pointer, setter, and a wirehaired pointing griffon. As far as training i am looking at finish work with the pointer and some steady work with setter. Both got a litle sloppy and just need to work on a couple of things for fall trial season.
thanks

Funny how you said " I have a pointer, setter, and a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon " ! Just like a WPG has a special group besides just being a pointer !

Funny how you said " I have a pointer, setter, and a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon " ! Just like a WPG has a special group besides just being a pointer !

Ummm, it does. It isnt JUST a poniter, its a V-dawg.:D You know, a pointer that retrieves, points, and swims!:p

Ummm, it does. It isnt JUST a poniter, its a V-dawg.:D You know, a pointer that retrieves, points, and swims!:p

Yes, I do know. I actually have a 3yr old male WPG from Stony Ridge kennel. Your post just made me chuckle a little.

Thats all it was intended to do my friend! :thumbsup:

Back