Moving to Illinois - Looking for Hunting Buddies

skitchen

Hi! I will be moving to La Salle County in Northern Illinois later this summer and don't know a soul in the area. I am coming from NW Ohio and would like to continue hunting Waterfowl, Upland, and some deer. If you are in that area, I would really appreciate the opportunity to maybe join you on a hunt, or maybe just shoot a few clays. I am also planning on getting a new four-legged hunting buddy this fall, so if you can let me know of any public training areas of clubs in the area that would be great! I would be happy to exchange a few beers and food for some insight and fun. Thanks in advance! :cheers:

Public ground for birds is kind of tough. If you're not from Illinois go the the DOW site, it lists all the public land and the type of hunting on them. I no longer have much wildlife right around me any more due to coyotes.

Skitchen, I just wrote Turns56 on the subject of public land access in Il (check out the "land" post). I have a club I can take you to as a guest if you would like (pay hunt). It would be a bit of a drive for you though. I'm a few counties north of you. If you would like, check out the Kishwaukee state park for pheasant hunting. I know a few guys who have hunted that and had some luck. Again, it's paid hunting but it's about all we have in this state at the time. Hope this helps and let me know if you what to take the long haul up here. Oh yeah! And welcome to Il:) 1pheas4

welcome aboard! Im right n the IL WI border.
What kind of pup are you searching for?

Hey UplandHntr, I think my bachelor party is going to be in your neck of the woods. We'll be heading for Richmand Hunt Club for some sporting clays:thumbsup: Figured we'd try something other than golf.

Did you have any luck with wild birds out there this past season? 1pheas4

I'm just a couple of miles E on 173 from RHC. Nice place but a little rich for my blood. I do run my dogs in the surrounding fields and find plenty of birds. I haven't chased wild birds in years in this area. Chain o Lakes is right around the corner and I have a place in N WI, right on the UP border, to chase grouse. Usually head to IA and SD each year too

Close

I am close to you all as well. I usually go to SD every year as well. I have hunted public land in central ill all my life to hardly no avail. There are some areas better than others but a limit is a rareity. I do some put and take hunting, which is ok but am looking for some people in n illinois to hunt with as I relocated up here about 7 yrs ago and almost everyone I know up here think that shotguns only come in the scatter gun variety. I am about 15 min from fox lake

Back