More cold on the way

1pheas4

Just when I though we were finally coming out of this cold/snowy winter it looks like we're going to head back into the single digits/0 degrees next week:(

By chance has anyone checked on birds in your area? I've noticed that food plots have been used heavenly by pheasants this winter. That's to be expected. There's also a number of corn fields left standing by farmers. Some of them very large. This can only help.

From what I've seen, all things considered, birds seem to be doing okay around here thus far.;)

Nick

We have had record cold here some 60 days so far with below zero temp.
3 feet of snow on the ground. Very tough on wildlife.
According to snow depth maps there are large areas . Western Dakotas and E MT that have little to no snow. Cold though, cold, birds handle well if there is food available. Without snow cover, food is available. :thumbsup:

We've just finished two sunny days in the 30's, so Mick and I took a walk in my valley.

Snow was melting and only about 14-18 inches of wet, heavy cover.

The good news was that the ice that covered the road up to the house since early January, and which was then covered by snow pack, has melted and I saw the ground...the honest-to-gawd GROUND on the slope up to the shed.

Of course, the weather folks are predicting harsh cold and snow or freezing rain for the next few days.

:) Gotta love Winter; it only pretends to like you. :)

I cant believe we just got 3 inches of snow in the last hour or so. Just crazy. I know the end must be in sight but I sure don't see it on the long range forecast yet. My ATV/Plow has NEVER had such a workout!

I cant believe we just got 3 inches of snow in the last hour or so. Just crazy. I know the end must be in sight but I sure don't see it on the long range forecast yet. My ATV/Plow has NEVER had such a workout!

Snow on the north end of the county, rain on the south:eek:. We have a slushy mess out there this morning.

I suppose after a winter like this one the ATV/plow isn't fun anymore. lol

Man O' man. Back to COLD and wind:eek:. Yesterdays rain saturated the snow, now the cold turned the snow into an ice layer. No good:(

We went from +36 to -12 in about 4 hours.
Ice yeah! we have it.
Crazy Winter. :eek:

Back