Military Appreciation Hunt!

Newdale Pheasants

Rocky Ford Upland Adventures (formerly Newdale Ventures) in Rocky Ford, CO will be offering incredible special pricing for military retirees, active duty, and wounded warriors the weekend of November 8/9. Veterans Day weekend only, we'll be offering our 100 bird guided hunt AT COST. This hunt includes a 100 bird limit, hot breakfast and lunch, guides, dogs, and bird processing. It's just our way of saying "THANK YOU!" to our most treasured citizens! We have a maximum group size of 10 guns for each of these full-day hunts, so please get your group together now and come down for a great day of hunting! PM me or contact Hal at 719-241-1128 for pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant you find sponsors and make it free? Most of the Veterans hunts I have been apart of there is not cost to the Veteran.

TBear -that's a good idea and we'll begin working on that. Any sponsor money that we can get will go directly toward this hunt - we're not trying to turn a profit on this one - so the price can only come down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hal, sent you a text. If you don't get texts will try calling later on today. I have some ideas for potential sponsors.

Damn :mad: I will out of the country (in Ascension Island, which is located in the South Atlantic ocean, about 32 square miles of volcanic rock) and don't back until 13 November....

That still is an awesome thing you are doing for the military folk....I do appreciate it. :thumbsup::10sign:

Greg
Retired USAF

Just saw this. If price is good I may come up from Albuquerque and join another retired military buddy from Pueblo. I'm hoping there's still places available.

Can I get a price as well?

Damn :mad: I will out of the country (in Ascension Island, which is located in the South Atlantic ocean, about 32 square miles of volcanic rock) and don't back until 13 November....

That still is an awesome thing you are doing for the military folk....I do appreciate it. :thumbsup::10sign:

Greg
Retired USAF

Greg - hit me up when you get back. We'll work it out!

Thank you for offering this hunt. I'm a retired Coast Guardsman and I won't be able to take advantage of this offer. It's great to see when people recognize the sacrifices that military members endure to help keep this country free. I hope you have a huge turnout, especially by our wounded warriors. Shoot straight and have fun!

Much thanks to you for your service! I'm sure we'll have a full house. We have some great donors for this hunt and we've gotten the cost way down, so we have a lot of guys coming out to join us. Hopefully we can make this an annual event!

Great hunt yesterday! We hosted 6 active duty, retired, and veteran hunters and ended up with 39 birds in the bag! We had a great time with these guys and it was our pleasure meeting and serving them. Many thanks to the folks who helped make this hunt happen!

Sure wish I could have made it. Off Base Commander said we were staying at a hotel for our anneversery. Her priorities are all messed up. LOL Sure would love to see some pictures.

Reifer - keep us in mind for next year. I'm going to try and make this bigger and better, with more sponsors, and hopefully it'll be totally free for our vets in the future. I'm trying to figure out the attachment manager on this site, but can't figure out how to post photos. I'll keep working on it and try to get some on here.

Many thanks for a very memorable hunt. Food was fantastic also. Reifer--you need to get your priorities straight. My anniversary is on Oct 10 and I've been elk hunting or on some kind of hunt on that day almost every year. Shot a nice bull elk then 4 years ago. I hope they have this hunt next year. We could have used more people out there so some us more mature vets can just block!

Lol

I do have my priorities. We went to The Stanley early because we are always on our annual trip to SD for for pheasants and deer hunting. I was actually on a mentored hunt with my son on the actual day. LOL

Back