Might Switch?

Stu

I am trying to decide if I want to switch it up and head north maybe to Brown or Day county. Coming from hunting Hand county, there is just two of us and 3 dogs. Any suggestions?
Thanks Stu

Anybody? I would also like to find a dog friendly hotel or rental if it is worth going north? Thank you for any response, Stu

Been pretty wet up there this year and I can't speak for the bird population. The ispswich and eureka area has always been good. Lots of public hunting in the hecla sand lake refuge area too.

I have been spending time hunting in Day & Marshall County for six years now.

There is lots of public land to hunt in that area but I see more and more hunters using it all the time. First couple of years I'd pull up to an occupied parcel maybe twice during the entire week. The last couple years it's been closer to twice per day.

Brown County has some good public land too but because it's so close to Aberdeen it gets hit pretty hard by non-residents and locals alike. You can definately stay in Aberdeen but IMO would drive at least an hour out of town each day before starting to hunt.

DB

Everyone, thank you for the replys so far!

Downtown Bang, is there any place you suggest staying outside of Aberdeen that is dog friendly? Thanks, Stu

Everyone, thank you for the replys so far!

Downtown Bang, is there any place you suggest staying outside of Aberdeen that is dog friendly? Thanks, Stu

Stu -

I have stayed at the Day County Inn in Webster and at the Sunset Inn in Britton SD. Both are dog friendly and allowed dogs in the rooms. The Sunset changed hands the last time I was there and was already looking a little worse for wear.

Pretty much all the motels I've stayed at in Aberdeen allow dogs. I have not stayed in any of the towns North or West of Aberdeen.

Back