Marlin Levematics

reddog

Ive always had a fancy for the old Levermatics from Marlin.

I started a small collection whenever I could find them, and currently own 6.

I have a 56 which is a .22 box magazine , one 57 which is a .22 tubular magazine and one 57M which is a .22 Winchester Magnum tubular and two 62s. One 256 Win Mag and a 30 Carbine.

I am anxious for me newest (and nicest) addition which is shipping out of Indiana today.

A never been fired 1964 safe queen, Model 62 in 256 Win Magnum, the rarest of the Levermatics..

Ive only gotten pictures from the seller so far, but she far outshines anything in the safe so far.

62.jpg

Factory sling and scope were offered in 64 and 65 only..

I acquired an ammo "lot" this weekend from a auction site in California that had 3 boxes of vintage Winchester 256 ammo on it and it also had one box of 30 Carbine, which matches up to one of my other 62s.

I went to a gun show this weekend, and a guy there had two boxes of 256 and he wanted $100 apiece, which is pretty much the going rate for the vintage ammo. I wasnt sure if I would win the auction, so I took his name and said I would call him if I didnt win..

it was a good weekend..

Last edited:
OOOOOoooohhhhh.

Pretty AND rare.

How great a find for you. :thumbsup:

Happened to hit a random search engine with a day old local classified. Took a little convincing to make the deal. But never haggled over the price with him and it turned out to be a great transaction.

The gun came out of a small collection of firearms, all unfired. Wish I would've gotten ahold of him on the pistol ads.

Back