Looking for help

Juliusvatalaro

I have a 2 year old Brittany that loves to hunt. I have only pheasant hunted in Calif. and South Dakota. I moved to Wyoming 4 years ago and would like to hunt pheasants. I live in Star Valley Wy. If someone can point me in the right direction for pheasants in Wy. Thanks for all your help. I would like to meet and hunt with some of you guys. I am 56 years young and love to walk.

Julius

I have a 2 year old Brittany that loves to hunt. I have only pheasant hunted in Calif. and South Dakota. I moved to Wyoming 4 years ago and would like to hunt pheasants. I live in Star Valley Wy. If someone can point me in the right direction for pheasants in Wy. Thanks for all your help. I would like to meet and hunt with some of you guys. I am 56 years young and love to walk.

Julius

Julius, I don't know of any pheasant hunting around Star Valley, but there maybe some???? That said , the Lander and Riverton areas have pheasant hunting as does Torrington, Powell, Lovell, cody, Thermopolis, Also Buffalo and Sheridan, oh and Worland. Torrington or Goshen county has the most birds in the state typically. Also the Glendo area gets pheasants planted by the state for walking in areas. I hope this helps you get started. :)

Last edited:
From Star Valley, I would head west into E. Idaho. There are some wild pheasant. Also opportunities to hunt sharpies, huns, sage grouse, and even chukar in the right places.

Good Luck

From Star Valley, I would head west into E. Idaho. There are some wild pheasant. Also opportunities to hunt sharpies, huns, sage grouse, and even chukar in the right places.

Good Luck

Yes west to Idaho might work for you. However all of these birds can be taken in Wyoming, without buying an out of state license.:)

There are more phez than usual here, hope the water doesnt get them, its starting to flood now, if you want to come to SE Idaho, your welcome to hunt huns and phez with me. The huns are still a learning process for me and my GSP but we have the phez down pretty well.

I really appreciate all the great help. I've seen pheasants around Preston Idaho but I think it's all private. EEK thanks for the offer. Where do you live? I can't believe all the flooding that is going on. The Salt River is over it's banks and we still have a ton of snow in the mountains. It could get very interesting.

Julius

I live in Blackfoot, i made some good contacts for phez in Mcammon and i have a few places local as well, i have to cover a fair amount of ground but with a good dog i usually get birds,if i can hit them lol.

I know there are a few pheasants around Lander, on private ground mostly. Some chukar too. If you want to hunt sage grouse drop me a line....

Back