Looking for Central Iowa Pheasants!

Messerly23

Currently a second year medical student at Des Moines University looking for some good hunting ground. I have walked my butt off these past two weeks for 1 lone rooster. Any help would be greatly appreciated I have hunted Chichaqua and Neal Smith. Willing to drive

I would head to southwest Iowa... read some of the posts on this site that are germane to Iowa hunting.

Years ago, when I last hunted Iowa, I would stay in Atlantic and hunt south and north, about 10-20 miles. The farther south we hunted one would encounter a mixed bag; quail and pheasants.

Back in the mid 70's we stayed in Carroll and hunted south and eventually staying in Atlantic.

Hope this helps...keep us posted on your results!

Thank you very much for the input! Monday im headed to Colo Bogs to give that a go and the following Monday headed North to give Northwest Iowa a shot! would love to try and find some pheasants close by.

I'm not way up by the lakes but

I'm not way up by the lakes but the area I hunt is considered nw iowa and for my son and I the roosters have been few and far between. Not many hunters either, I just don't think the pheasant numbers are that great around our neck of the woods (Le Mars, Owens, Alton area's).

hi my oldest son is a second year student at DMU also and hunts. we have a lot of birds by home farm an 11 man group shot there limit in 1 1/2 hrs opening day on public ground. send me a pm and I will try to connect with you

I hope to score on 1 this year at least going out tomorrow....I do know where I wanna go but you absolutely need a dog...

Back