Looking for a Dog

Reifer

Ok, I lost my dog on the 20th and have been trying to find a rescue dog to hunt with. I'm not finding what I'm looking for and figured I would put a word out on here. I live in C Springs on the academy. The major hang up with the rescue people is because I have knee issues, I run my dogs on a treadmill in my den, and those "high and mighty" seem to think it dog abuse. So if anyone out there has a line on a GWP, Britt or spaniel, please let me know. I really want to rescue, but may be running out of options. I look at every rescue page out there and as soon as I tell them I'm a hunter if like I have some type of infection. Any help wold be greatly appreciated.

Brittany Rescue in Denver

I have two Britts from the Denver Rescue. I told them I wanted my first dog for hunting and their attitude was very positive about the dog being able to do what he was breed for. They actually called me about the second dog, as he came from high powered field trials stock.

I called about a couple of dogs from there. I don't think we saw eye to eye on how to train and raise dogs. See, I can not longer run with my dogs, so I have a treadmill for them in my den. They (at least the person I talked to) didn't seem to think that was an appropriate form of exercise. I may be getting a GWP out of AZ. I'm keeping my hopes up. I have narrowed it down to a britt or a GWP as far as breeds. Thanks for the help.

I know there is GWP nation wide set up. I was talking with a breeder in the Denver area who had connections with it. I think it was Ironwire Kennels out of Parker but I can't be sure about that. We looked for a rescue for awhile, but ended up getting a pup out of a mistake litter, turned out better than I could have ever hoped.

I actually found one. It may have been Ironwire who was helping me. I know Amy was helping me and she is a breeder in Parker.

My pup is out of Ironwire. I highly recommend them. Adam and Amy put a lot of time into the dogs and are always willing to answer any questions that you have. Shoot me a message if you'd like to hear more about them or see some shots of my dog.

Back