lodging hotel,motel,notels

maverick

Will be coming in via Denver, any available lodging close to small towns or are we going to be looking @ the larger towns like Colby.

I guess a better questions is if you were coming in that way for the first time ...where would you stay and concentrate on hunting. Public areas...
... week after the opener.

Thanks in Advance.
Maverick

Maverick- I hunted all around scott city 2 years ago and did really well. It's striaght south of Colby. Then head east towards ness city and you will run into a lot of birds. I have friends that go to scott city every year and do very well and head back east from there. I'm trying to book a trip for that area as well later on in the season. But I don't know much about the colby area b/c I have not ever hunted to close to there. Thats what I know. Take care and good luck to all.

Maverick- i live in scott city. There are 4 motels and quite a bit of public hunting. Most of the hunters show up for opening weekend and fill most of the motels. You are better off to come the 2nd weekend as most of the hunters are gone and finding some private ground to hunt is much easier. A lot of the farmers have family and friends that come in for the opener. Hope this helps.

2nd week

Heys guys... thanks for sharing. We won't get in until Mon. and hunt thru the week. Should be some great football on too to keep us entertained in the eve. Don't imagine there's much nightlife in that neck of the woods.
Hope your Jayhawks are still undefeated then... the press isn't being too kind this weekend...Saying their the biggest chance of upset.If you see a few guys in Boise state garb that' d be us. At least it's Orange.
Oh no hear it comes!

Back