Last day post-hunt nap

crockett

My young pup had fun today, and we sure put some miles on. Last-day birds were thin on the ground and skittish as hell, but she flushed 19 in all, mostly hens or wise wild-flushing roosters. We broke a wing on one rooster, and worked until dark to find him, but he took her (and me) on a long run down until she ran into a fresh rooster, which distracted her from the cripple and he outfoxed us at that point. Looking forward to following late-seasons elsewhere and all the training ahead of use before oct 1, 2015!

My young pup had fun today, and we sure put some miles on. Last-day birds were thin on the ground and skittish as hell, but she flushed 19 in all, mostly hens or wise wild-flushing roosters. We broke a wing on one rooster, and worked until dark to find him, but he took her (and me) on a long run down until she ran into a fresh rooster, which distracted her from the cripple and he outfoxed us at that point. Looking forward to following late-seasons elsewhere and all the training ahead of use before oct 1, 2015!

nice looking pup......enjoy!

Back