Just like that, its over.

IA at heart

Well, just like that, the season is over. My first good season in Iowa. Last year, I had just moved and really didn't get a good season of hunting. This year, I had plenty of opportunity and plenty of time.

It was a great season as far as I am concerned. Lots of days in the field, a few birds on the table and extremely plentiful bird numbers, especially late season. Hopefully we don't get an extended frozen snow pack and the spring is "normal" and I think next year will be outstanding.

As usual, I sure enjoyed reading your stories, seeing your pics and this year seeing some great videos some of you posted. Thanks for sharing your hunts and stories. Nate, I look forward to your annual statistics report :)

I hope everyone has a productive, fun and safe off season. Until next year........

Right back atcha!

I am happy your first full season as a full-time Iowan was a good one IA at heart!

The season ends like it comes in. . . at the tick of the clock. It is on to other projects now for me. Sophie will get some training work and some much needed rest. On a few of the cold nights ahead I will enjoy some pheasant in various forms and flavorings. It is nice to reminisce about the season and the adventures.

Until next year. . . peace friend!:)

Glad to hear of a good season IA @ H... now we just have a little down time to rest up so we're ready to go next season. Best wishes!

Yes . . . the season passed so quickly this year. More so than I seem to recall as I reflect on prior seasons.

My experience was similar to ours . . . numbers are up, and assuming favorable remaining winter and spring conditions, we should be in for a real treat this upcoming season.

KP . . . apologies in that we didn't get a hunt in this season. We need pick that tradition up again. My end of season statistics will be posted in rather short order. Spoiler alert . . . some big numbers within. ;-)

Back