just bought first bird hunting gun today

outlawskinnyd

hey now.

i like to hunt coyote, turkey and sometimes deer, figured since i didnt have a dog what was the point of doing pheasant. but i never had as much hunting as i did when i went pheasant hunting. being that i have a good bird hunting season right where i am, instead of driving 2+ hours to get to coyote territory is a no-brainer to make a full go at this. im looking foward to learning as much i can, any and all help is appreciated.

so today i picked up a weatherby orion italia 1 or whatever the hell it is (im one of those "just give me the damn thing and let me shoot it kinda guys..if it goes bang and is somewhat accurate im happy)

i wish i could have gotten an english stock on it (thats my fav type of stock, my marlin 336 from the 50's has one) but hell now i have a reason to go buy a 20g sxs.

Congrats on the new gun, I hope you shoot a lot of upland birds with it. try it out on some clays you may find them to your liking...........Bob

I'm Sorry, I forgot to Welcome you to UPH. Please drop by often. You will see I forget things regularly.....Bob

Last edited:
Congrats on the new gun, I hope you shoot a lot of upland birds with it. try it out on some clays you may find them to your liking...........Bob

Bob's Right take it to the club. Congrats on the new gun. And welcome to the sight. :)

well thats the thing. i bought this gun knowing that it is great for pheasant hunting, but its good for sporting clays. so i got a good gun i can use for both.

im probably gonna end up with a sxs (possibly 20g) for straight upland only. i prefer the english stock for quick shouldering.

Back