ISO Rattlers

Royal Flusher

I figure with all of the bird hunters out there hitting the plains, someone has know of some good spots to hunt some Rattlesnakes. I have had a couple people mention to me that they had seen a snake here or recently we had an encounter there. I have checked these out and the snakes seem far and few between at best. My son and I went to three different locations today, hiked our butts off in 92 degrees, and .... Nadda. If you know of some quality snake hunting grounds, please share. I know in most cases people are more than happy to get rid of them. We would love to find some good public lands, but I am not afraid to knock on doors for permission either. We live in Erie however, a drive is not out of the question.

Devil's Backbone open space west of Loveland has lots, the hikers would be grateful for their removal, not sure the park rangers would approve but maybe. :cheers:

There is a season for them June 15-Aug15, so you are good as long as you have a small game lic. There is more than a few on Devil's Backbone, but I bet they would have a hissy. MaHaffey park here in town was being built last year and the big Scrapers were moving a stock pile of dirt and they had to stop because they picked up a bunch of snakes and spread them all over the place. All pissed off rattlers. One was every bit of 5 feet and very large around. They just don't get that massive around here like that!!

Buzz worm Honey Hole

I am going to have to say I have run into more than my fair share of those little buggers in the Wiggins, Orchard, Goodrich area. Hell I bet the folks out at Teal Lodge would put on a guided hunt for those things. More than one dog has been hit there during a hunt test or field trial. Bet they would be none to upset if there were less around either for teal opener. Couple of state parks out there you could likely find some as well.

Back