Iowa UPH Hunt

moellermd

Super Moderator
So NICESHOT and I got together today to do a little pheasant hunting. Of course we had to go to South Dakota to hunt :D. It was a great day. Got a limit of birds and saw a bunch more. Good shooting and dog work all the way around. The only problem was NICESHOT shot my trophy bird that I had been hunting for all year round. Last year I let him go several times because I knew he would be a better bird this year. After all that work he ends up shooting him. It was nice to get out with another die hard and have some fun.

hunt2.jpg

Last edited:
No identity in this pic! lol Great pic. Can't even tell which pup is which. Thanks for sharing and glad you had a good time. Have a great holiday.

Merry Christmas

Rod​

Good story and pictures, nice to see you guys had some success and fun. Both of you have a Good Holiday Season......Bob

Niceshot, the best picture of your mug yet! Some of those birds look like they had tire marks on them, sure you didn't pick them up off the road on your way to SD?

Pheasantaddict-You should come up and join us sometime. NICESHOT told me you can't hit a thing and I always like shooting more birds :eek:.

Judging that you 2 got your limit, you must have seen at least a 1000 roosters. I don't think my heart or my dogs could take seeing that many roosters. Maybe I could even get my limit.

I am glad I not the only one that married the Farmers Daughter. I did that 53 years ago, in Minnesota, she is a winner in a lot ways.....Bob

I havent even seen that many roosters in one day. I have only taken one shot this entire season and I have been out probably close to 15 times.

Back