Iowa just get slammed?

hunter94

i heard parts of the state got 2 feet of snow, with 50 mph winds....can't imagine much in the way of birds making it through that? the next few days will be critical. we are experiencing rolling black outs, 15 minutes every couple hours or so....

We got a lot down here in the south part of the state. Talked to my dad, and the NC part didn't get nearly as much.

Looks like the sun is doing its job today, even with these cold temps. Our streets and cement areas are melting off nicely.

Looks like the sun is doing its job today, even with these cold temps. Our streets and cement areas are melting off nicely.

I agree a short set back, NC IA and STh Crtl MN got 7-12" and heavy wind, the field tops were back to covered, but this sun and warm we get the next 2 days will clear them off again. Man it is some wicked drifts you see coming home from the boarder. Some were cut through and leaving 6' and higher cuts. Right next to the free way lane. There was no driving during this one. Even snow mobiling looks rough out there. Looks like sticking your head in a freezer and beating your ass with a 2x6 would be just as much fun.:D I did see some birds coming home. And now the gravels are bare up nort here too.:thumbsup: that helps. with the 30 and sun we should get some dirt showing again this weekend.:thumbsup:

Haha, I can only imagine a few a my friends thinking this was the greatest thing ever so they can take their snowmobiles out. But they would be handy when the state pulls the plows off the roads. The parking lot in front of my store he went from being snow covered to about 50% since this morning. That wind also helped leave some dirt spots bare, at least down here.

Back