Introduction (and a little brag)

dping

Hi all,
My name is Dale and I live in northeast Kansas and have been upland hunting for about 25 years. I have always owned some sort of pointing breed, and currently have a four year old german shorthair male.
I have been lurking here a while, but haven't posted much. I decided to introduce myself, and show off a project that a few buddies and I have been working on for the last few weeks.
It is a six hole fiberglass dog trailer that we bought late last winter, and performed some major renovations on. I have attached a pic of the trailer in the condition that we purchased it, and a couple of the mostly completed project. I say mostly because when the pics were taken, we still hadn't installed a few things, mainly the latches on the door of the storage box.
We are looking forward to it's first trip in a couple of weeks.

Welcome Dale from another new guy. Great job on the trailer, I'll watch for it when I'm in Ks.

We didn't keep track of the man hours that we have in the trailer, but if I had to guess, I would say that it would be 80-100. Three of us worked on it off an on for a few weeks. We ended up with about $1,100 in it for the materials. That includes the original trailer, the new trailer that it was placed on, and all of the other items that went with it.

WOW! Great job! Hope all goes well, and I too, will be looking for you while in Ks. Good luck this year and welcome to to the site!:10sign:

We hunted Smith county 3 times last year and had good success. I like the terrain in that area it's a lot different then south central which is where I hunt most of the time because of the drive. The other thing that I like about that area are the people, they are super friendly. I got into a conversation last year at the dairy queen and the farmer said I was welcome to hunt his place it hadn't been hunted and that was in December well we went to his place and it was awesome he had great numbers of pheasants and quail. You can't beat the hospitality in that area.

Back