Introduced two more kids to pheasant hunting...

nstric

Took my buddy's three oldest out for a one field, late afternoon hunt on Saturday. I was hoping for a bird or two. Never did I think we'd bag our two man limit!

The youngest two had never been pheasant hunting before, and to put it mildly, were absolutely thrilled with the experience.

What a day!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv337%3B3%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B63%3E9%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D373975%3C4%3A%3A338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv392%3A6%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B63%3E9%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D373975%3C4%3A6338nu0mrj

Awesome!

Start them young--keep them forever! Great memories and experiences that will last a lifetime. The picture is priceless. I hope they sit down to a meal of pheasant later this year and all of you can reminisce about the experience.:)

My student has become the "master" this year at 23 years of age. He began hunting with me at 2.

Excellent! That day is a forever keeper & there's a special place in Heaven for folks like you. Well done!

There we go! Another photo with kid's smiling. Good job:thumbsup:

Heading West

Long time reader first time post. Heading to Iowa after Christmas any suggestions for good public land near Ft. Dodge?

There is quite of bit of public land in the Webster County area. I'd recommend either mapping on your phone or stopping at a Scheels or something and grabbing a public atlas. Best $20 I've ever spent, even for in my own state.

Public Land

I have a Iowa Atlas w/ public ground areas, just always looking for promising opportunities. It's great to see the pheasant pics. Ohio has such limited pheasant populations any chance to travel and hunt is appreciated.

Sorry Ohio Hunter. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. That is unfortunately the best advice I can give you. That's about an hour or so away from, so I don't get that way very often. It's been a few years since I hunted in that area.

Back