Inflation: is it "transitory"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSnative

Lets get our bets in now. How long is "transitory"? Bearing in mind, of course, that the same people who told us quite recently that we need to induce inflation until it reaches 2%, are the same ones who are going to tell us when that goal has been met.

I'm guessing that inflation will end before mid-term elections (factoring in the intangible improvements in life quality that we will have experienced by then.

Any one all in on commodity stocks? I have a lithium and rare earth mine for sale, for any true believers among us. :)

No guts, no glory. So here are my bold prognostications with which you may beat me about the head and shoulders if I prove to be wrong. However, you must refer to me as "Mister Nostradamus, AKA KS native" if I'm in the ball park. However, you must stake out your position now - not after the train arrives.

1. True inflation in the price our goods that meet our basic needs (food, clothing, shelter - not "improved" by factoring in various self serving intangibles by the powers that be) will be be within striking distance of 10% by the end of this calendar year.

2. Even more precisely (neck on block): crude oil will approach peaks of nearly $100 in the same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back