Impala Plus

Labradinger

I found the Bottomland Camo on Gunbroker a couple months ago for a good price so I grabbed it. It was used but in the box with all accessories. First impression with that stupid plastic cheek riser was not great. I took that off and used the included spacer to take up the gap created by losing the riser before putting the pad back on. Looks ok. Now there is a screw hole on top of the stock from removing that dumb riser, may put a dab of silicone in that just to keep water out.
Patterned pretty well with all loads except Prairie Storm-that was horrific. Lightweight (claims to be around 6 3/4 lbs), huge safety that’s easy to run, and fits me well. I may use the included spacer to do cast off as my poi was slightly left, not horrible though.
It comes up like a Franchi Affinity, has a fairly high rib. The more I handle it, the more I like it. This one has a 24 inch barrel. I wish they were more available because there are a ton of configurations on their website. The cerakote/wood is really good looking. Unfortunately the two most common models are kinda ugly to me: wood and mint green or black with red accents. If you happen upon one for under 500, it’s worth it in my opinion.

Back