I'm new with a couple questions

Youth Guy

Hey guys! Just joined and look forward to hanging around.

I'm 30, married with 2 boys, and one 5 month old labbie named Cash

I used to hunt pheasants in the panhandle of TX years ago and went once last year with my dad.

So here are my questions. My dad is coming up (he lives in TX) and we will only be able to hunt one day. Last year we went and hunted public near Greensburg and Kinsley and had no luck. This year I'd really like to get on some birds. I've heard birds are scarce this year and we still don't have a dog to help. What are your thoughts on Controlled Shooting Areas? Are these really cheesy canned hunts or are they a fun experience that can get you on some birds? Just wanting to have a fun hunt with the pops!

They're not a true wild bird hunt, but they beat sitting at home. Each place you go to will be different, some the birds are as tame as a farm chicken, others are nearly wild, it all depends on how they're raising their birds. I can't offer any recommendations on places to go though.

I used to hunt pheasants in the panhandle of TX years ago and went once last year with my dad.

So here are my questions. My dad is coming up (he lives in TX) and we will only be able to hunt one day. Last year we went and hunted public near Greensburg and Kinsley and had no luck. This year I'd really like to get on some birds. I've heard birds are scarce this year and we still don't have a dog to help. What are your thoughts on Controlled Shooting Areas? Are these really cheesy canned hunts or are they a fun experience that can get you on some birds? Just wanting to have a fun hunt with the pops!

Youth Guy, PM me and I'll try to help you out.

PM sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what is going on with my PM, but I've tried to respond to you three times and it doesn't appear to be working. If you'll let me know what part of the state you are in, I might be able to make some recommendations.

I live in Pratt and have a few spots around here if you like. Problem is my days off are strange due to my 24 hour work schedule. Give me a shout.

Well I nooked a hunt with Ringneck Haven in Pretty Prairie. Not a bad price for 7 birds and an all day hunt. ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

I have had good reseve hunting with an oufit called Kansas Creek Gamebirds. Good luck.

Back