Idaho Boys

jroth1122

Just jumped back on the forum after a one year hiatus...We're just some good ol' central Idaho boys chompin' at the bit and waiting impatiently for our sacred, annual pilgrimmage to south-central SD.

The group may change slightly from year-to-year, but one thing remains constant: me and my now 75-year old dad who grew up in Columbia, SD, then later introduced me to the sport as a lad of 8.

Hunting with my dad, watching clouds of wild roosters rising up from the prairie heartland and then happy hour in the 'ol farmhouse in the middle of nowhere is more than priceless. As previously stated, it's sacred.

Hope everyone has a great, safe season....Jason Roth & crew (www.rothre.com).

Jason,

I hope you have a great hunt. My dad introduced me to hunting as well here around Calgary. He's 78 and doesn't hunt anymore which is too bad as I finally have a great pheasant dog and I would like to take him out as he did with me.

I'm headed to SD this Nov for the first time. Just me and the dog. Going to hunt public land so we will see what happens.

I like the photos on your website too. Nice muley.

where in Idaho???? I lived in twin falls for a bunch of years in the 90's. It used to be pretty good hunting on phesant, huns and ocassionally chukars to the southwest of TF...but im sure that has changed. :D

Thanks...that was a fun, late-season, desert rut hunt. Hope your SD shoot goes well. -jr

Jason,

I hope you have a great hunt. My dad introduced me to hunting as well here around Calgary. He's 78 and doesn't hunt anymore which is too bad as I finally have a great pheasant dog and I would like to take him out as he did with me.

I'm headed to SD this Nov for the first time. Just me and the dog. Going to hunt public land so we will see what happens.

I like the photos on your website too. Nice muley.

Twin Falls

I'm in Hailey; 1 hr. north of Twin. Still some pretty fair rooster shooting east of there, where we used to hunt a lot growing up. Not like it was back in the late 70's when some days rivaled SD in terms of #'s and speed to limit out. It's a pain to drive 16 hrs. each way to SD, but well worth it when we walk into our first weed patch or Milo field! -jr

Back