Hows everyones hunting in ohio been this year

beaglebob1

We have hit a few wla and have limited every time. not to much pressure during the week. we have been doing tuesdays and thursdays and rabbit hunting saturdays. ceasars has been really good:)

Last edited:
Been 3 times, killed 4 birds and missed 2. I'm gonna go tomorrow. Hopefully the birds have had a chance to calm down this past week. It'll be cool so the dogs will hunt good. Happy hunting.

Went out yesterday, Jumped 5 hens and 1 or 2 roosters. Not sure if this old bird was a reflush. 18 degrees and 20 mph winds made it a challenge.

Went out yesterday, Jumped 5 hens and 1 or 2 roosters. Not sure if this old bird was a reflush. 18 degrees and 20 mph winds made it a challenge.

nice. bunch of us heading SD in a few days...:coolpics::thumbsup:

what part of the state did you hunt?

Hey Bob, always harder hunting Ohio after returning from SD. Kind of depressing. I hunted the Deer Creek area.

Hey Bob, always harder hunting Ohio after returning from SD. Kind of depressing. I hunted the Deer Creek area.

yep... find any birds at deer creek?

I only hunted Deer Creek one time and kicked up a hen. I have to drive 120 miles one way to hunt pheasant. Guess I'll move over to ducks and deer.

I only hunted Deer Creek one time and kicked up a hen. I have to drive 120 miles one way to hunt pheasant. Guess I'll move over to ducks and deer.

like ducks too. 5 miles from the ohio river:coolpics:

I had pretty good sucess this year. Killed about 30 pheasants over my dogs but I hunted a lot. I have 2 Llewellin Setters and this was their first year out. They turned a year old Thanksgiving day. Went out on the youth hunts and the kids bagged some birds. We even bagged quite a few woodcocks. I'll try to post some pictures.
photo.php

Back