Hey guys, newbie ?

Swampa

I am getting ready to leave Dallas, TX Thurs to do my first Kansas DIY pheasant hunt. The ringleader of our trip, who has hunted there before, has flaked out and I don't have any info. We were planning on heading toward Dodge City, and I know he mentioned Haskell county. But that's it for my knowledge base. Any info you could drop me would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks guys

Haskell Co.

Not alot of CRP in Haskell Co. Lots of farm ground. However there are tons of tailwater pits grown up in weeds. I've had excellant shooting on windy days and days when the weather is really nasty. The bad thing is its all private ground. Most farmers will let you hunt if you ask.

My group stayed in Dodge City the week of 11/21. I feel it was slim pickings in that area. There was still alot of un-cut milo and I am sure that had something to do with the lack of birds. We found good numbers of birds in Rush Co. but that is about 90 mi from Dodge. It was my first time staying that far north (we came from California) and while Dodge is convenient for places to stay and eat I will opt for the smaller towns closer to hunting.

Back