Here we go--Weather

1pheas4

Looks like we'll be heading south fast out here.:eek: Next Wednesday's high -4F.

Not too worried about the temps as much as I am the very slushy snow on the ground hardening to solid ice. Most birds--if stuck to the ground--will pull themselves out, but finding food is going to be very difficult with ice covering everything. Add to it 3-5 inches of snow possible tonight, with more snow Monday. We'll see how long this one lasts. If these conditions stick around for any length of time I think I'll invest in some cracked corn again.

How's the rest of the pheasant range looking for this coming week?

Nick

We got a little over an inch last night, then 40+ mph winds today. Kept me out of the fields. It's now 1* and real feel is about -27*. We're supposed to get another 3-5" of snow and these really cold temps for at least a week. Hoping people don't pressure too much while the weather is like this.

I just got back from Vilas Co, WI. It was -21 this morning and a real feel of -44. No idea how any of the birds or animals survive in that. Little over a foot of snow on the ground. Saw lots and lots of turkeys on the way back, not one deer.

brrrrrrr. went deer hunting again today. they finally got in range 2 minutes after hours. will try again wed. have been seeing lots of birds while hunting. more than I have seen for many years. as long as we don't get ice they should be ok.

Back