Here We Go again

PHEZZYBOY FROID

The guys are flying in tonight.

The trucks are being loaded.

The old dog is now having his well earned (VERY WELL EARNED) eternal rest.

The young pup is raring to go......maybe a little too raring.....I think these wiley ringnecks are going to blow his mind.

I hear that the hunting may be a little tough.....oh well, after you have been chasing the Magnificent Rooster for 20+ years of returning to your lovely state.......it's all gravy.

Look out NE Montana.....the Crazy canucks are on their way.
:cheers:

We leave Sunday early am for the same area. The only people who drive worse than Canadians, I'm told, are guys from Calif. If you see somebody driving on the left hand side of the road and they're looking in the ditch, please be sympathetic because we can't help ourselves.:)

I have cousins from Cali

So yes, we will stop and land a hand.
I hear that the best hunting is in the ditches.
Have a good trip

Phezzyboy Froid - I'm curious about your user name. I'm a new member and I grew up just outside of Froid, MT. Is that the area you hunt?

Purty sure.:thumbsup:

Oh Yeah

If you check my profile, you can see some of the pics. The young Pup is named after the Town.

Last trip down there was after Christmas, birds in big flocks, frozen hunters fingers. Didn't harvest a lot but boy did we have fun.

I took some friends up there the weekend of December 10 for a late-season hunt. Hunted in a blizzard all day Friday (ended up getting 8" of snow that day), but the snow really helped with keeping the birds from running. All six of us limited out that day, though one friend frost bit his fingers. Next day was clear and bright, but the we only knocked down 5 roosters as a group. Hopefully the gnarly winter we're having up there won't be too hard on the bird population!

Back