Here it is gentlemen!

i've been checking every day for the report..sounds like you beat me to it..but thats pretty good news.sounds like my hunting spots will be good this year but usually the case is, you never know unless you go out and hunt or talk to the farmer about bird numbers..good luck to everyone :)

I've heard several reports from farmers and coop employees from 4 different parts of the state this year and I must say that this report coincides with those first-hand accounts. Cloud and Ottawa counties didn't do well at all. I actually spent a weekend up there with my friend who works at the Delphos coop. There weren't any birds up there! We'll be lucky to get a few quail out of the spots in that area. I've heard from a friend's brother who came up for some fishing that SC KS is looking pretty decent this year and KDWP's report indicates the same thing.

My dad says there are birds in Pawnee and Edwards counties (there are always a few) but that there aren't near as many birds as there as there have been in years past. I'm planning to join the hoards of people on the WIHA near the middle of the state and I also plan to put some miles on the vehicle, checking the population in several different counties. It will be all public hunting for the first day, then down south to get some private land action. Hopefully it gets cold in November this year!

Back