Help with WIHAs

Leo N Faith

What a great Web-site! I am excited to see sportsmen helping sportsmen (we are losing that more all the time). I'm new to this techie stuff so bear with me.

I'm headed for Goodland, Kansas in mid-January. I have hunted there twice before but it was over 20 years ago. I'm sure things have changed in that time.

When I was there, there wasnâ??t any Walk In Hunting Areas (WIHA). I have tried searching the net for information and have not been able to find out much about WIHAâ??s in the Goodland area. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Some of the things I'm looking for are:

1. Has anyone hunted in a WIHA in January and if yes, I would like to hear about your experience
2. Which areas have good feed, cover, things like that
3. Will I need a permit or apply for anything other than the regular up-land game permit?
4. Recommendation of a good hotel that allows dogs

I will be traveling from Utah along with my two English Setters â?? Faith and Leo. Faith is 9 and Leo is 3. Both are well trained and love to hunt. I have some photos I will post soon.

Any information anybody has will be extremely helpful. Thanks and good hunting!

Many Thanks

Swell Cat,

Thank you for the link on the WIHAs. The web-site is very informative, but when I try to open the pdf's, I get an error. Any suggestions??

By-the-way, I just posted some pics. I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

Pics

Those pictures you posted are outstanding. What part of the country were those taken in?

Welcome to UPH, I hope you have a good trip......Bob

Hotels in Goodland

The following are hotels in Goodland Kansas who state in their policy that they allow pets:

Howard Johnson(785) 890-3644
Super 8(785) 890-7566
Motel 6(785) 899-5672
Comfort Inn(785) 899-7181
Americas Best Value (785) 899-3621
Days Inn(785) 890-3644

Howard Johnson, Super 8 and the Comfort Inn are probably the nicer establishments. Some of them will assuredly charge an extra fee for the dogs and others will not. In January you can usually plan on a range in rates from $45 to $80 per night depending on the quality of the hotel.

What kind of error are you getting when you try and open the pdf files? Have you updated your version of Adobe Reader?

Welcome to the site! You're gonna love Kansas. Good luck and have fun. Looking forward to some pics when you get back.:10sign:

Rod

Thanks

Thanks for the info on the hotels -Tpharkman. The photos I posted were taken in Utah. A few were taken while wild bird hunting in Eastern Utah and one or two were taken in Central Utah at a Utah Bird Dog Hunting Assoc hunt.:thumbsup:

Good hunting!!

Tim

Back