Hello from Western PA

Moosedog

I found this forum while researching a new shotgun, and I am glad I did. Seems like a lot of great information with helpful and knowledgeable members. Glad to be here.

Thank you. Currently my main gun is a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon Sporting 12ga that I use for 5-Stand and hunting. I am looking for a lighter 20ga for hunting. I went down the rabbit hole and narrowed it down to a 20ga Benelli Montefeltro or 16ga Browning A5 sweet sixteen. Then I learned about the Fabarm L4s Initial Hunter in 12ga. Now I am considering another Beretta Silver Pigeon (Field) in a 20ga. I am all over the place, but the search is part of the fun.

Stay with the two shot automatic called Silver Pigeon 20ga. If you like the 12, you will love the 20. My $.02

Welcome to the site. Yes your gun search has taken many twists and turns. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with any of the guns you have listed. To me it sounds like a good list to work off of to eventually acquire them all. I would be hard pressed to put one in front of the other to be honest.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I knew I was going to like you guys and this forum. Matt D's advice on acquiring them all is an excellent idea. I think I am going to start with the Beretta 686 20ga. Plus it gives me a good excuse to take a drive to Joel Etchen's. I'll post an update in Guns and Ammo forum when the deal is done.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I knew I was going to like you guys and this forum. Matt D's advice on acquiring them all is an excellent idea. I think I am going to start with the Beretta 686 20ga. Plus it gives me a good excuse to take a drive to Joel Etchen's. I'll post an update in Guns and Ammo forum when the deal is done.

If going to Joels then may as well go with the 687 SP III 20/28 ga combo. :)

Back