Hello from Pa.

Beefyz

Hi everyone. Found this blog as I was doing some research because i just purchased something i always wanted; a Browning Sweet 16. Been in/out of pheasant hunting over these last 40 yrs due to other commitments, but it has increased now in retirement. I seek to enjoy the many diverse conversations here and learn alot on what i missed out on. Hopefully, i may even be able to contribute something someday......

If you were living in Pa, between the rain/snow etc, you'd need a boat

Quick question... just curious.... i shoot 16g. Have no trouble getting target ammo but have been having trouble finding some of the old factory hunting loads i used to use. I gave Sportsman Warehouse & Bass Pro a hard time about not carrying this stuff and got back "We are sent what sells here & 16ga ain't it" . Makes their type of sense i guess; they don't want a whole bunch of stuff sitting there that sells slowly. On a lot of the forums i'm on , you Westerners/Plainsmen make no mention about having any problem finding your ammo. Do you have the same problem out there with the hunting ammo? I'm talking like #s 4 or 5 shot in the old Rem "Express" or "Shur Shot" loads. I think WW made one also. The current Kent Fast Leads or Fiocchis can't be found here.

Oh thanks, you don't have to go out of your way. Just was wondering if you had any recent personal knowledge or heard from other locals that certain 16ga stock isn't being offered anymore.

If you were living in Pa, between the rain/snow etc, you'd need a boat

Quick question... just curious.... i shoot 16g. Have no trouble getting target ammo but have been having trouble finding some of the old factory hunting loads i used to use. I gave Sportsman Warehouse & Bass Pro a hard time about not carrying this stuff and got back "We are sent what sells here & 16ga ain't it" . Makes their type of sense i guess; they don't want a whole bunch of stuff sitting there that sells slowly. On a lot of the forums i'm on , you Westerners/Plainsmen make no mention about having any problem finding your ammo. Do you have the same problem out there with the hunting ammo? I'm talking like #s 4 or 5 shot in the old Rem "Express" or "Shur Shot" loads. I think WW made one also. The current Kent Fast Leads or Fiocchis can't be found here.
I've been keeping an eye on Federal's web site for ammo. https://www.federalpremium.com/shotshell/

It's hit or miss but they have some 16ga #4 and #6 available currently.

Back