Hello from Iowa!

Lefty76

I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago, and figured I'd better join. I grew up in Northeast Nebraska, and have lived in Northwest Iowa for the last 10 years. I did a lot of bird hunting when I was younger, but gravitated more towards bowhunting as the pheasant populations dipped. Two years ago we got a Springer Spaniel. Six months later, we got another Springer...and just like that, I got back into bird hunting! I also have two boys, the older of the two just turned 9, and loves to tag along and does a great job of keeping up. I hunt both NE and IA, and am planning a trip west to hunt prairie chickens and grouse this Fall. Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here!

Good to have you around. Lots of guys starting to get the itch! Ive got a Springer and a young Golden. See ya in the fields.

Welcome, you aren't alone Lefty, another NWIA fella here. Gets a little slow here on the off season, but things pick-up. Stick to your story...."No birds here". Maybe reach-out if the boys need a place for the youth season, when you/they are ready. Recently lost my GSP, but have a puppy coming soon, will need to rely on other dogs this season.

I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago, and figured I'd better join. I grew up in Northeast Nebraska, and have lived in Northwest Iowa for the last 10 years. I did a lot of bird hunting when I was younger, but gravitated more towards bowhunting as the pheasant populations dipped. Two years ago we got a Springer Spaniel. Six months later, we got another Springer...and just like that, I got back into bird hunting! I also have two boys, the older of the two just turned 9, and loves to tag along and does a great job of keeping up. I hunt both NE and IA, and am planning a trip west to hunt prairie chickens and grouse this Fall. Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here!
Glad to have you! North Central Iowa here. Got a brittany here. Hope you have success.

Back