Gortex Question

JakeM

Does anyone have any experience using gortex gaiters? It's due time for a new pair, and all I keep hearing about from a friend is the gortex version, but the old regular pair I had seemed to work fine for me. Are they really that much different? Thanks for the help!

I had a pair once but really did not see any advantage over the standard Gaiters. Gore-Tex ones were just more expensive to replace and I don't use them anymore. I have been real happy with some gaiters made by Battle Lake Outdoors, got a couple pair at the GameFair a few years ago.

they take a little more care than your "standard" gaiter, especially when exposed to the conditions of upland hunting; if you don't keep them relatively clean that prevents them from breathing and you can get quite a bit of sweat build up inside the gaiter

I have had the same pair for over ten years and other than normal wear and tear they have held up really well; I just make sure to wipe them down just as I would a pair of boots

make sure that you find a pair that has a tough exterior (wear layer) or you'll be spending a lot of $ for a pair of gaiters that won't last very long

Back