Good hunting dog vet

Musher

Looking for a vet I can use in an emergency situation in west central Mn. Want to make contact with one prior to bird season. Have had some issues with barbed wire on WPA’s in the past as my dogs see no wire here in the U.P. Thanks

I have had good luck with my vet visit in Marshall. Young vet did a nice job stitching up one of my dogs. I called them in route and she stayed late until I showed up at the office. In ND the vet was in surgery, he popped out told the tech to clean the wound and show me how to stable the wound shut. I did the 2nd half of the staples and walked out with staple gun as part of the fee. My brother misplaced the staple gun when I left it with him one fall :(

If you do a google search of vets ... many of the "hits" and contacts have retired or moved on.

Also to make note of is their hours in an emergency situation. A lot of vets are closed Sundays. I had a dog that hit barbed wore a few years ago and of course it happened on Sunday, so I ended up having to look online and call around to find one that was open.

The vet I used then was in Clear Lake, SD. Who was just across the border of where I was at in western MN.

Back