Good bird hunting podcasts

Bob Peters

Here's my recc's on good hunting podcasts.

My Dog Hunts- these are podcasts by a guy named Randy Shepard. I admit his style is a little different, but I really enjoy them. No adds, just a dude who loves hunting and has accrued a lot of stories over the years. 100% worth a try.

Birdshot podcast- these are more of ruffed grouse oriented, but still worth a peek based on the subject.

PF on the wing podcast- I listen to some and not others. Some are very good, others not so much.

Flush em and Dust em- a podcast from two guys in Iowa. More casual talk, sometimes lots of swearing, but worth a listen.

Scott Linden Upland Nation- Scott seems like a nice guy, very well mannered and polite. A lot of commercial breaks, often topics around western hunters i.e. chukars and quail, etc.

The Orvis hunting and shooting podcast- Sometimes tough to listen to the host stutter around and search for words. Certain episodes are catered to the upper crust orvis crowd, which definitely ain't me. I still enjoy it depending on the topic.

The Hunting Dog Podcast- This was one of the first. Ron Boehme. I always skip the first twelve minutes due to a very long rambling intro full of commercials and plugs. To be honest I rarely make it through an entire episode. Good when you're bored.

That's all I have for now, if I missed any please add.

Birds, Buds and Booze - Tyler Webster from North Dakota. I enjoy listening to them in the car on road trips. Gotta get through the first few minutes where he plugs his sponsors, but I enjoy his thoughts and guests.

Hunting Dog/Ron Boehme is hit or miss. I thoroughly enjoyed every episode of him and Justin McGrail answering listener questions about dogs. On the other hand, other episodes don't make it 10 minutes past the sponsor run-down. Sometimes it's the content, sometimes it's the audio quality.

Birds, Booze, and Buds is also hit or miss.

Might have to try a couple of the others mentioned above.

Back