Garmin Sport Pro

This is my everyday set up. It is not perfect but I feel at the cost point is a solid choice. I use it everyday because of of the 2 easy to use extra features. Turn the lights on the collars. Turn the bark collar feature on and off with the xmitter.

As the units get older , I have had problems with ,sensitivity of the buttons. May have to press and hold. Lower stimulation levels not working at all.

Those are minor problems and after 2 to 3 years everyday use with 2 to 3 dogs I figure I have nothing to complain about. If you search you can often find these at 20% off. Think Runnings and customer appreciation bucket sale.

This is what I'm currently using for my lab. Seems easy to use and not complicated since I am new to all this. My dog trainer uses this and recommended it.

This is my current tgt collar. I’ve been working two collars off it for 6 years. It’s been flawless. It’s easy and fast to operate( the simplicity makes a difference when working multiple collars in the field). Holds a charge well. I use the vibrate as a recall command- the garmin “vibrate” is not as strong as I would like. Other than that it’s a solid system for the money.

I have used mine for 4 years almost everyday. Super easy to charge, holds a long charge, love the bark collar and light features. I have had issues with stimulation not working/delayed, as well as the bark collar going off at random times and zapping the dog.

Dogtra 3500x tones louder, vibrates stronger, buttons more consistent, but fewer levels of stimulation. A little cheaper than a 550 pro , expandable to 2 dogs and doesn’t have that non repairable garmin antenna

Bark collar isn't perfect as it seems to occasionally go off on movement. Interestingly enough I had 3 of the better bark collar only models and they were way more prone to go off randomly.

Bark collar isn't perfect as it seems to occasionally go off on movement. Interestingly enough I had 3 of the better bark collar only models and they were way more prone to go off randomly.
I noticed the same thing, had the dog on a tie out and had an eye on him, and collar went off

I've had one for 2 years, running 2 collars. The only thing I find annoying, is there is no holster (that I know of) that will hold the remote securely from the bottom. It's always upside down if hanging from your vest or belt. Other than that it's been perfect. I run Springers, which hunt close by nature, so I very rarely have to use the stimulation.

Good collar, have had one for years and works well. As for the bark limiter. people have to understand that it’s set off by vibration (perfect world vocal cord vibration) so that means that it could be set off at random from many things; a regular collar tapping it, a chain gang chain rubbing against it, or vibration from a vehicle going down the road.

Back