Garmin Alpha 10 or Alpha 100

Looking for some feedback on Alpha 100 vs. Alpha 10. I have a friend that is selling Alpha 100 on the cheap($ 200). I still need to buy a collar for either. I like to form factor of the Alpha 10 and it's simplicity. I can get brand new technology in the Alpha 10 for $ 200 bucks more plus a warranty. Dont really need to detailed maps and more for finding dog in the cattails. Thoughts?

checking out the used Alpha 100 today. Per Garmin site the most recent Software is 8.3. Anyone know how to view version on unit? I’m assuming system. Appreciate the help

checking out the used Alpha 100 today. Per Garmin site the most recent Software is 8.3. Anyone know how to view version on unit? I’m assuming system. Appreciate the help
Been a few years since I had my 100 but thinking it was setup>about.

I have the alpha 10 and the functionality is very good, I.E. it will show you where the dog is. Not a great e-collar in terms of using any type of correction/communication with the dog. There's only one button and you have to toggle through a menu to change it(if you want to). If you hunt in cold climates the stim/tone/vibe button is very difficult if not impossible to press with gloves on.

Back