Garmin 550+ question

LC Smith

How does one see the track in which the dog took during an outing? the Garmin app shows my track, but not the one showing the pup running all over the place.

Do you have you 550+ connected to the explore app? And have sync turned on? Mine just shows up automatically. Pretty fun to compare my walk vs my dog at the end of a long day!Screenshot_20220324-073210_Explore.jpg

Do you have you 550+ connected to the explore app? And have sync turned on? Mine just shows up automatically. Pretty fun to compare my walk vs my dog at the end of a long day!View attachment 3138
Mine shows this as well. My problem is only wanting to see/know the info related to that field, not all the distances between, etc. I can’t figure out how to isolate just the elements I want to know. I’ve even turned the collar and transmitter off during trip and only turning them on at the hunt site.

Yeah mine does the drive time and everything. Even did it from when we left the house and drove for 4 hours with the collar turned off. I wish I could isolate it as well too!

Be smarter than the device. Turn off the sync... Or location the app is tracking you..

Last edited:
I didn't mean this as a smart-aleck remark... Keep scheming, you'll figure it out.
No worries 5-Stand. If we were walking a field in Kansas I know it would have come out the same and taken in jest. It’s all good!

The Garmin app is not very user friendly to be honest. It's definitely better than some others but can be pretty clunky to work your way through.

Can’t get the app to connect with my 550 +? Blue tooth is on but won’t recognize.

Do you have the explore app? Down at the bottom it's the third tab over, looks like a watch and a remote. If you click that it will show what is connected, if there is nothing there's a "+" in the top right corner, you should be able to find it there.

Firmware update took care of the issue. Last guide trip of the year Friday so will see how it works after that.

Does the app tell you how much ground the dog covered in distance or just by the map? Thanks

Yes and no. Mine showed the dog distance but it also tracked the time we spent between fields too. I don't really wanna go through the hassle of disconnecting between each field so I just deal with it. If someone knows a way to remedy that I'm all ears!!

Back