Front Range Vets

gsphunter23

Hello,

I am looking for a Vet recommendation in the front range. I live in north Thornton near Eastlake. I am willing to travel if it is worth it. I am looking for a vet that is not going to rip me off, but that I can trust to make the right decision. Thanks.

I have been using Aspen Arbor Vet (Dr. Mckee) in Broomfield for about 16 years. Good people. They are off of 116th and Wadsworth.

I think you will need to look outside the bigger cities in order to skip the bs over charging. They always charge more because of overhead and where they are located!:cheers:

Look for veterinarians that offer the services you want...if you think the function of a veterinarian is just "shots" then pick the cheap ones. If you want full-service and high quality medicine, it costs a little more. They have medical equipment just like human hospitals (I.e. Anesthesia machines, digital x-ray, proper dental equipment, etc.) and are doctors after all. Just my .02

The cheapest place hands down.

Planned Pethood Plus - Veterinarian In Denver, CO USA ...

plannedpethoodplus.com/

Thank you for visiting the Planned Pethood website where affordable common sense veterinary ... Denver Veterinarian | Planned Pethood Plus | 303-433-3291.

It's a little drive....

I recommend Powell Veterinary in Kersey, Colorado. I think I've been to 4 different "Front Range" vets. I have not found one I feel comfortable with when it comes to making decisions in the best interest of a hard working hunting dog. Their best interest always seems $$$$

Dr. Powell understands the needs and injuries (small or large) that a hunting dog can get while doing what they love.

I won't go into detail, but this fall Doc saved me well over a $1,000. I called three "Front Range Vets" and explained the situation that was occurring with my dog. All three wanted recommended scope/camera, Doc said "I can almost guarantee it's grass stuck in the tonsil area/back of throat causing this issue". Long story short, he was spot on.

He's open and honest, telling you what he believes is wrong and doesn't "beat around the bush". Kennels are some of the cleanest I've seen and reasonable priced for boarding. Very personable, makes you feel like there is a friendship. Highly recommended and he has got all my dog vet/boarding business from here on out.

I recommend Powell Veterinary in Kersey, Colorado. I think I've been to 4 different "Front Range" vets. I have not found one I feel comfortable with when it comes to making decisions in the best interest of a hard working hunting dog. Their best interest always seems $$$$

Dr. Powell understands the needs and injuries (small or large) that a hunting dog can get while doing what they love.

I won't go into detail, but this fall Doc saved me well over a $1,000. I called three "Front Range Vets" and explained the situation that was occurring with my dog. All three wanted recommended scope/camera, Doc said "I can almost guarantee it's grass stuck in the tonsil area/back of throat causing this issue". Long story short, he was spot on.

He's open and honest, telling you what he believes is wrong and doesn't "beat around the bush". Kennels are some of the cleanest I've seen and reasonable priced for boarding. Very personable, makes you feel like there is a friendship. Highly recommended and he has got all my dog vet/boarding business from here on out.

Yep, like the small town vets that have some ag background as they understand what the dogs were bred to do. Plus, I don't get charged just for walking in the door!!:thumbsup:

We use Horizon Veterinary Clinic in Brighton for emergencies ... only about 10 minutes from our house, but use Chaparral Animal Health Center in Longmont for non-emergencies. I really like Dr. Dave at Chaparral.

:cheers:

Back