Franchi 12 ga over/under

Franchi O/U

I handled one in a store a week ago, 12 ga, Instinct L. Pretty nice. The shop owner said they had a hard time getting them in, long wait, but it's a small shop. I am looking to find a 20 ga Instinct SL but they are out of stock everywhere it seems, at least in stores near me. I have a Franchi AL 48 in 20 ga I've used for several years, but will be loaning it to grandkids when they start hunting soon. Never had any problems with it, a dream to carry at 5.5 lbs.

I am trying to decide between the Instinct L and SL
one has an aluminum receiver and one has the blued
steel

any thoughts on which one is better and why?

I have an I-12 semi auto and absolutely love the gun. I know it's not a ou but the quality is the same Franchi makes great stuff!

Thanks for the link you put up reddog.that is one nice looking o/u lobo, if it handles as good as it look, you'll have yourself a real shooter. Keep us posted.

Franchi SL

anyone have thoughts on the L and SL difference and preference in the
Franchi?

I have the 20 gauge SL. I bought it primarily for grouse hunting. I chose the SL because I wanted a lighter weight gun for carrying all day. You can carry this gun all day and not notice it. The 20g has minimal recoil despite low weight unless you shoot a heavier load. The L is heavier (maybe by a pound) and may be better suited to someone who shoots more at the trap range. If you really do a lot of trap shooting, there are probably better choices in O/Us. For someone who doesn't want to pay 2k or more for a O/U, I think this is a decent quality gun for the money....particularly for the guy who will use it primarily for hunting.

Back