First time to SD but only 2 guys and one dog

Fallenfree

Hi everyone, well I finally talked my brother in-law to go on our first trip to SD, he is a MN farmer who as farmers know this year had a tough time getting the fields out. But as everyone knows 2 guys and one dog can be tough. I am looking to rent out some land somewhere around 60 miles from Aberdeen that might be huntable for 2 guys. We have no motel planned until we can decide where to hunt. Please send me an email with contact and info if you are interested in renting out your land.

Thanks have a great hunt!!
Rob

Depending on when you go there aren't that many handicaps implied by just one dog and a couple of hunters unless the dog is out of shape or old and not able to hunt hard for multiple days in a row. When I hunt with others we generally go our own way with our own dogs, one person one dog and we do fine--on publicly accessible land--in that part of the state. There's a decent amount of publicly accessible land there. I often think another person would be handy in fact as there are quite a few times when spreading out when approaching a dog working a bird could lead to better shooting opportunities. With one person savvy roosters often seem to know how to flush where they are putting max distance between me and them. And two people can help put running roosters to flight easier at times as well.

Do you have some experience hunting pheasants in MN? Can you read and navigate from a map? If so, then there's really no need to pay to hunt. Be glad to help if you want, send me a pm.

Back