first time pheasant hunting!!

i went pheasant hunting for the first time ever last weekend. we ended up going to cheyenne wells and man was it cold. wind was blowing all day long but we still had an awesome time. there were 6 of us with some dogs. we had probably about 8 roosters that we could have got but some shots were missed. i got 2 and i was the only one to get anything all day. we all had an absolute blast. i didnt quite know what to expect but after going i am hooked. i will definitely be going out again so if any people would like to meet up or join together on some hunts then let me know.

That is great! I was there opening day, and didn't see a thing! Too damn warm. Glad to see they were jumping! I need a dog...LOL

yeah i will definitely keep you guys in the loop. we know a guy out in cheyenne wells that has property and he is supposed to be purchasing some more sometime so maybe some people from here would like to meet up sometime and join in on a hunt. i always enjoy meeting new hunters and sharing stories and having a great time!

Me too!

My buddy's dad has a lot of acreage also. Plus, his uncle and many of his friends. Were you the guys I met at the Kwik Stop on 40 on opening day?

Great to hear we got another one hooked! Don't be afraid to share some stories and pics with us :)

hey mertmj, no we did not go on opening day. had to much going on. we ended up going the following weekend when i was cold and super windy. still had an absolute blast though!! maybe we can meet up sometime and go hunting together. i dont have a dog or anything but if you do i can supply whatever else we need.

Back