Fiochi 7.5 3” 20 Gauge

Mr_Tibbs

Picked up a box of Fiochi #7.5 in 3 inch 20 gauge, 1 1/4 ounce. Thought it was an interesting load and am curious if anyone has pattered it or had experience with it. I haven’t seen much 3 inch in shot sizes smaller than #6. I’m curious how the shot string is with more pellets in a lengthened shell compared to a more square load.

Picked up a box of Fiochi #7.5 in 3 inch 20 gauge, 1 1/4 ounce. Thought it was an interesting load and am curious if anyone has pattered it or had experience with it. I haven’t seen much 3 inch in shot sizes smaller than #6. I’m curious how the shot string is with more pellets in a lengthened shell compared to a more square load.
I have a box of them. I turkey hunt with them. After killing a couple fall turkeys with light load 8's while grouse hunting I realized they were pretty easy to kill with head shots at the proper range. So if you pattern 7.5s vs 4s or 5's you will get a lot more hits. We can only kill one here, so it gives me a lot more days in the woods trying to get a 30 yard shot. Having said that, a standing turkey at 35 yards is different than a straight away phez at the same distance. In that case I prefer bigger shot. My theory being bigger shot might break more bones.

Back