Finally!

Well one of my dreams has finally come true! I get to write a paper about pheasants and pheasant hunting! I know kinda a lame dream but its a lot better than what i usually have to write about in college! lol The paper is goin to be over different hunting styles. I was hoping to get some input from everyone on the site as to what their preferences are. How do you like to walk fields, what bird dogs do you favor, favorite guns, size of shot, or any other preference you have for pheasant huntin and why you feel that way! Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, i really enjoy this site and how welcoming and helpful everyone is!

Good topic. What subject, btw?

Believe it or not, I once received three hours (full class) credit for research and a paper on country music, specifically, the Southern themes in the lyrics of Hank Williams, Jr. (That passed for sociology at the University of North Carolina . . . at least with the uber-cool professor, John Shelton Reed.)

Reading this site and web searching will turn up lots of info for you, I'm sure, and I'll be glad to proofread drafts if you'd like.

Last edited:
Its actually for Folklore class! The subject for the paper had to be something that you dont learn in a classroom so hunting fit the bill pretty well.

Prefer small party hunts, 3-6 people.

Any good dog that minds is fine by me, my preference is pointing dogs, particularly German Shorthairs.

1 1/4 or 1 3/8 ounce of high speed 5's.

Danner Pronghorn Boots

Beretta 391 auto shotgun, but would settle for a real nice SXS if somebody wants to give me one

Prefer to hunt small homesteads, creeks, waterways, draws, etc, but don't have enough of those to go around, so have to hit some of the bigger feed and CRP fields.

Try to make it out opening weekend, again around Thanksgiving, and then again in January. Hoping I can get another 1 or 2 hunts in this year.

That about sums it up--- :)

Where are you going to school and whats your major?

Thanks for the info! I agree with the shorthairs! my fiance talked me into a lab this time around though!

Im actually in my last year at Emporia State as an English major, im wantin to teach and coach.

Back