Elk & Deer Hunt 2010

BleuBijou

Well what a experience!!! Went with some friends to their area this year and had a crazy hunt!!! Hunted for about 10 total hours in 6 days!!!! Blinding snow wind rain and trees falling all over hell!!!! Came back Alive thank God!!! One of our vehicles was not so lucky!!! Finally got to town on Wednesday after cutting through many fallen trees on the road!!! Should of stayed put, because we were the only ones back there, since no one could come up until the trees were cut out of the way!!! We managed two small bucks , we had a couple of Doe tags that went unfilled. Got into some elk and managed to get a Cow!!!! Had Cabin fever bad, but it wasn't safe to be out in blinding snow with trees dropping everywhere!!!

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg
:cheers:

if that had been a dodge it would have faired ALOT better and instead of cutting trees you could have driven right over them :D :coolpics:

Funny thing Joe, they all made fun of me when I moved my 4Runner out to the opening away from any trees!!!!!!! They are not laughing now!!! I do need to up grade the chain saw though!!!!:eek:

we haven't lived this long by being retarded have we we have a couple stihl saws at the shop for wood they work great

we haven't lived this long by being retarded have we we have a couple stihl saws at the shop for wood they work great

gove, you are right on the nail on this one.

Bleu, Glade you had a good hunt , with no damage to your truck. Bet that cow elk is some good eating. The deer also should be good. You have to be smart in the winter time in the Rocky Mountians. They can be unforgiving and deadly. Sorry about your friends truck. Great pics. Ive had a few boo boo's in my life time hunting in the Rockies.:)

Blue glad you had a good hunt. That weather an always be depnded upon to its' best to foul things up............Bob

Bleu
With a fire like that how bad could it be. Thanks for sharing.:coolpics:

My trips are all good. Except for weather. If the weather is good I have a great time. But.
For me this year, MAN what weather. Wind, rain, snow and endless mud.
Must have been wide spread.
I wonder how many of you had bad weather while on your trips this year.?

Back