Doves

akp

Anyone have any bird number reports with dove season approaching? Edwards/Pawnee area? Know its been a hot and dry summer up there like it has been down here but they tend to do a little better in drought summers. Thanks in advance!

I saw more doves this summer out in western Kansas than I’ve ever seen in my life. We haven’t had doves like that here in SEK for many years.

I saw more doves this summer out in western Kansas than I’ve ever seen in my life. We haven’t had doves like that here in SEK for many years.
I respectfully disagree, the armpit of kansas has doves and produces quite a few every year!

I remember driving out west a few years ago and thinking man we are wasting our time. Once we got west of Pratt they were thick. Didn’t see many until about that point. Man we had a blast. Hope everyone has a good time this weekend. I’ll be hunting a small spot here tomorrow and Friday and headed to Edwards Co Saturday. Will report back and what I see with regards to pheasants too… be safe and shoot straight everyone.

I’ve seen decent numbers around Manhattan. Not like 40 years ago though.
Speaking of doves, is there a minimum pellet size? I’m wondering if 9 shot is legal.

Back