Dog Kennel/Runs pics

isuhunter

As I prepare for the next pup I'm looking for ideas on how to build an indoor outdoor dog run on my garage. Debating concrete/raised flooring

I'd love to see how everyone else houses their dogs when they aren't home.

Well,, it seems I'm not smart enough to get pictures loaded from my phone to laptop! I guess I need to find a 6-year-old to help me!. I had a brite idea. I had a 3 ft. overhang on the side of my garage. I thought that would help wash them off. I poured a 6 ft. pad the whole length of the garage. Then built my dog boxes inside. Cut holes and trimmed with treated wood. If you live in cold weather climate, build your boxes rectangle and put a partial divider just inside the door so the dog can go in, turn around a corner and snuggle in a den like place that keeps some wind out. Make your boxes just tall enough. The smaller the shorter the warmer. Hinge the top so you can get to the inside easier. I bought chain link panels and attached to the wall with conduit fasteners. Buy panels with legs you can trim to fit or pour your pad level, or you'll have a gap in the top of your Pannel at the top, against the wall. I was pretty proud of myself until I looked out one winter day and there was a big pile of ice and snow in the pins! Luckily no one was hurt. I then built a lean-to over the rest plus a couple ft., dug it out and formed a trench the full length. Buried a 55 gal plastic drum with a bunch of holes in it, at the end of the trench. The idea was to wash the crap into the trench, then down to the barrel. Then I realized most of the dogs were waiting for me to get home from work and let them out to crap.

I have a box of this left over from a job, if I ever poured a pad Id lay it around the perimeter over a french drain to wash my pad off.Screenshot_20220302-074716_Chrome.jpg

As I prepare for the next pup I'm looking for ideas on how to build an indoor outdoor dog run on my garage. Debating concrete/raised flooring

I'd love to see how everyone else houses their dogs when they aren't home.
Also be aware male dogs will urinate on metal siding and will eat it up in a few years!

Well,, it seems I'm not smart enough to get pictures loaded from my phone to laptop! I guess I need to find a 6-year-old to help me!. I had a brite idea. I had a 3 ft. overhang on the side of my garage. I thought that would help wash them off. I poured a 6 ft. pad the whole length of the garage. Then built my dog boxes inside. Cut holes and trimmed with treated wood. If you live in cold weather climate, build your boxes rectangle and put a partial divider just inside the door so the dog can go in, turn around a corner and snuggle in a den like place that keeps some wind out. Make your boxes just tall enough. The smaller the shorter the warmer. Hinge the top so you can get to the inside easier. I bought chain link panels and attached to the wall with conduit fasteners. Buy panels with legs you can trim to fit or pour your pad level, or you'll have a gap in the top of your Pannel at the top, against the wall. I was pretty proud of myself until I looked out one winter day and there was a big pile of ice and snow in the pins! Luckily no one was hurt. I then built a lean-to over the rest plus a couple ft., dug it out and formed a trench the full length. Buried a 55 gal plastic drum with a bunch of holes in it, at the end of the trench. The idea was to wash the crap into the trench, then down to the barrel. Then I realized most of the dogs were waiting for me to get home from work and let them out to crap.
Then my wife moved the next generation of dogs in the house! I tore out one dog box, took down two pens. Left one pen up just in case. P.S bite the bullet and put in an underground fence. Best money I ever spent!

Also be aware male dogs will urinate on metal siding and will eat it up in a few years!
Nope not always and for me never. I crate train all my pups and keep them in the house and crate til 4 months of age. Then they are transitioned to the out door kennel. I put down my great black male over 2 years ago. He very seldom peed, pooped or barked in his outdoor kennel. He chewed a little when he was around 10 months or so for a few months but then nothing. I would say in his 12 years he did not bark more than 6 times and I could count the times he peed or pooped on both hands. Raise them right and they won't mess your kennel runs. Crate training done the correct way makes for a well mannered dog.

Nope not always and for me never. I crate train all my pups and keep them in the house and crate til 4 months of age. Then they are transitioned to the out door kennel. I put down my great black male over 2 years ago. He very seldom peed, pooped or barked in his outdoor kennel. He chewed a little when he was around 10 months or so for a few months but then nothing. I would say in his 12 years he did not bark more than 6 times and I could count the times he peed or pooped on both hands. Raise them right and they won't mess your kennel runs. Crate training done the correct way makes for a well mannered dog.
If you had a male that never marked his kennel he was a pu##y!😁

If you had a male that never marked his kennel he was a pu##y!😁
Nope that would be you! Not marking in the kennel should be the same as house breaking. They will do whatever you teach them to do or not to do. Don't use sarcasm for your inadequacies as a dog trainer.

We also create trained our dogs and now we don't even use those, sad to say here is their spot when no one is home.

IMG_0307.JPG

Back