Disappointed

arrowbanshee

In all the forums that I have been on, everyone says "get with a club" so this weekend me and a friend went to a training day for this particular club as I am interested in their philosophy and was looking forward to training with more knowledgeable folks than my self. We were there for about an hour or more trying to introduce ourselves to the few people that were there and listening to them talk. We did not have any birds as they had to be pre ordered even though my friend was told that birds could be bought on site. One of the main officers of this club was there but he did not even seem to want to give us the time of day, he was more interested in talking to others and working his dogs. With him being an officer, I was very disappointed as I would think that he would be making more of an effort to be outgoing towards us and maybe try and answer any questions we might have and "sell" us a little bit on joining the club. Long story short, none of that happened. If it were not for one of the members inviting us to help work his dogs and vice versa with the pigeons he had bought we would have been completely turned off. For the amount of money it would cost to join this club we decided that money could be invested more wisely in other areas. Sorry just had to rant a little and hopefully all who read this will be a little more friendly if someone new visits your club. Thanks

In all the forums that I have been on, everyone says "get with a club" so this weekend me and a friend went to a training day for this particular club as I am interested in their philosophy and was looking forward to training with more knowledgeable folks than my self. We were there for about an hour or more trying to introduce ourselves to the few people that were there and listening to them talk. We did not have any birds as they had to be pre ordered even though my friend was told that birds could be bought on site. One of the main officers of this club was there but he did not even seem to want to give us the time of day, he was more interested in talking to others and working his dogs. With him being an officer, I was very disappointed as I would think that he would be making more of an effort to be outgoing towards us and maybe try and answer any questions we might have and "sell" us a little bit on joining the club. Long story short, none of that happened. If it were not for one of the members inviting us to help work his dogs and vice versa with the pigeons he had bought we would have been completely turned off. For the amount of money it would cost to join this club we decided that money could be invested more wisely in other areas. Sorry just had to rant a little and hopefully all who read this will be a little more friendly if someone new visits your club. Thanks

Well said......should have just called it a day early and headed to the bar..:cheers:

come down this saturday and well load up the dogs the birds the guns and the coolers. When were done with the dogs the birds and the guns, well put them away and get out the coolers. Ive read a lot about "happy time" for pups, well this will be "happy time" for the owners! :beer:

come down this saturday and well load up the dogs the birds the guns and the coolers. When were done with the dogs the birds and the guns, well put them away and get out the coolers. Ive read a lot about "happy time" for pups, well this will be "happy time" for the owners! :beer:

COME ON SATURDAY...:thumbsup: :cheers:

I think I'd like to head out for a day of post-season action

Arrowbanshee--Oggie...

How much does it cost you guys to visit your local preserve hunting operation for a Saturday? How many and what kind(s) of birds do you get to shoot/at?

Arrowbanshee--Oggie...

How much does it cost you guys to visit your local preserve hunting operation for a Saturday? How many and what kind(s) of birds do you get to shoot/at?

Well the closes with the best rates is Eckmans, But there is several around the way Country Hunts, Ravenwood, Cokley Farm. link below to Eckmans

http://www.eckmanhuntingpreserve.com/

Free training

Hi guy's I run my dogs a couple times a week, We train for field trials with ESS dogs and our club welcomes new members at any time we need gunners just like you. The birds are Pheasants for the veteran dogs and pigeons on all pups. the birds are only $8 for pheasants and 3-4$ for the pigeons, or you can bring your own however they are always there. The trials are always run on live birds so training is too "mostly". This is AKC English Springer Spaniel field trials. And we are in MN so Don't know if we can help you out or not? The only thing is they prety much stick to the break open gun thing for safety reasons, these are some pretty spendy dogs. All you need is a free DNR permit to train all year and have all the fun you want. Simple they give one to every one right away.

Last edited:
Back