Dad Tribute

Hi Pat - I too, am sorry for your loss ...we were on vacation in Oregon when you posted this.

Looking forward to seeing you again in SD. Jon

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss and everyone else who has lost their Father. My Dad still makes our annual trip to North Dakota from Utah. Now he gets to watch his grandsons hunt as well. Some years he will just watch and not shoot. He says he just enjoys watching his sons and grandsons shoot. My Dad has taught me many things but when it comes to hunting he has taught me to love Dogs and watching your kids hunt is funnier than hunting yourself. We will head out again to North Dakota in December. Hope my Dad will continue to come with us for many years.

Godspeed, he looked like a guy who loved life. Like my old man he looks like a hard man, with a sweet spot.

On a separate note: I make some nice lathe-turned cremation urns in the shape of a 12 gauge shell. I carry a pinch of ashes from every dog I have had over the last 37 years, since my first Springer named Isaac changed my life forever. If anyone needs one, I am happy to oblige, no charge, of course.

Back