Crops will be coming out fasts!!!

No kidding, I hope that does not mean early snow. Things are browning up fast. Leaves are turning and falling big time here now.

It is all about growing degree days. Iowa has had between 100-300 more growing degree days than normal.

Well the bottom line is it does not matter how many GDD there are. It just means that the crop will come out faster and we all can confirm in IA and MN what they have been telling us. That the pheasant numbers will be lower than whale &*$%.

Bartels

I used to hunt near Goose Lake. I live in Davenport. Are their still good bird numbers near Goose Lake or is it the same now as the rest of the state?

looks like all crops and field work will be done before iowa season opens. looks like one big push in the cover and the season will be over. ask coot if he has any popcorn for sale. might smell a little smoky. they were very lucky. combine started on fire. fire was in the corn head then spread to field. wind was in right direction so it spread to stalks. personally i think he was sending smoke signals to a flock of coot:p

Back